Thursday, May 07, 2009

The more things change the more people think the world is ending.

Well welcome back. It's been about a week. A few things have been going on. For those interested in my life, here is a recap of how the end of school is going:

Me: Jimmy, why aren't you writing in your journal?

Jimmy: I don't have anything to write with.

Me: Well why don't you have anything to write with?

Jimmy: You never gave me anything to write with.

Me: Did you ask for something to write with?

Jimmy: No.
--------------

Ladies and gentlemen...THE YOUTH OF AMERICA!

Anyway. Cavaliers will win the NBA Title. I will give all my active readers $1 if they do not. That might set me back $2.50. Ha. Ok.

So I see that we are still in frantic mode over Swine Flu. I always get accused of my youthful, unexperienced, near-sided viewpoints. This is how I see it though...if you're sick...stay home. If you're worried, carry some sanitizer. Wash your hands if you're in public. Watch out for infected areas for now. Is it really that hard? I'm sure I'm minimizing this world crisis.

For more get over it attitude...California I'm sorry. I've lived there. I will soon live there again. Wildfires suck. It just seems to come with the territory. The Northeast has freezing cold and snow. The east coast has tornadoes and occasional hurricanes. The middle of the U.S. has cold and horrible summer storms. The northwest has heavy snow and rain. The south has hot temperatures, bad storms, and hurricanes. The far west has earthquakes and wildfires. It's the world we live in.

Moving away from serious news that I am not qualified to speak about...we saw X-Men last weekend.

X-Men Review
Housley Stars: **1/2 (***** Possible)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine starring Hugh Jackman of Hugh Jackman fame is a decent opening summer movie. It has some nice effects and holds your attention for a bit while the world ends (see above). While I didn't go in thinking that I was getting the Dark Knight (David Hood is no Christopher Nolan), I expected a little bit of a darker Wolverine. I even read where they thought they could run with darker story. Wolverine is a dark, hurt individual. The movie doesn't really give us much rage though. The story is jumbled and weak overall. We get introduced to even more X-Men characters that we never learn about. We get a story that doesn't mesh with the previous THREE movies. I won't go into details about the plot. (If you're getting movie reviews from me, I'll consider it). If you are a big comic book movie or X-Men fan, you will enjoy the movie. If you are looking for a good movie, you can do much better.

--------

American Idol Mention of the week. I completely missed this week. I've been waiting for a rock show, and I missed this episode. I got the recap from my wife. I listened to some audio clips from iTunes. The show seemed decent. Look here's the deal. Adam will most likely win. Chris is the wildcard. What's her name...had no real chance. American Idol has kind of hit a stride. Fans know what they want. They want artists that will consistently pump out Top 40 hit singles. Clarkson did it. Ruben didn't. Fantasia didn't. Underwood does it differently. Hicks couldn't. Sparks can, Daughtry does it better. David Cook can. Danny is a nice story with a good voice, but he looks like he'd make Adult Contemporary Music. That means he's out. Adam changes things up. He's theatrical. He entertains. BUT...What would he sing? What's his niche? Chris...nice guy with a guitar. He could sell Top 40 hits. That's just my 2 cents.

--------

Good Job Manny Ramirez.

--------

Cool Dude of the Week: LeBron James. Six years in the league. First MVP. Good guy. Gold Medal Winner. Hope the NBA Title goes his way.

--------

I'll miss you Scrubs. Very underrated show.

--------

Until next week, EAGLE!

1 comment:

Pastor Waldo said...

I will take you up on the Cavaliers offer. If I lose, I will take you and your wife to a "frugal" restaurant.